This is my book!! It’s basically a compilation of columns I wrote in the early to mid 2000s.
“Special Mommy Chronicles” was a featured site in Exceptional Parent Magazine‘s February 2003 issue. It was also featured as an on-going column in the Mahoning Valley Parent Magazine of Ohio from April 2003 to September 2004.
Over twenty websites, such as Contemporary Moms, Bridges for Kids and About.com, linked to a column on their front page or posted specific Special Mommy Chronicles Columns/Articles on their website.
Here is an image of one of the columns/articles printed in the magazine “Stress Free Living” of April 2003, and check out the image of another one of the column/articles published in the “Parent Paper” of Northern New Jersey & Rockland County.
Special Mommy Chronicles (Paperback) by Silvia Corradin
The “Special Mommy Chronicles” was a column written by Silvia C., the mom of a Special Need child (son suffers from the Recessive Dystrophic form of Epidermolysis Bullosa) which offers insights, stories and struggles that go along in raising special kids.
- I am a physician who works with disabled children and the parent of a son with hydrocephalus. I have enjoyed reading your chronicals.
God Bless, Coleen
- Hi! I just wanted to say THANK YOU for writing from your heart. You have written about things that are SO hard to even talk about to people that don’t have children or children w/disabilities. I appreciate your honesty, your encouraging words, and even your words of frustration. I have thought many of these things myself even though our children have totally different challenges. SO thank you very much, and God bless you and yours.
- What an incredible writer you are, & such a blessing to be given such a beautiful child!!! Congratulations for meeting all the challenges and accomplishing such a great deal. You’ve obviously made quite a difference in this world of parents who may be struggling & overwhelmed with exactly what you understand & can overcome b/c you have faith, hope and LOVE… above all else!!! I’m very impressed with your site & mission~ Keep it up & God BLESS!
- I loved reading your stories! You sound like an awesome mother and an inspiration to us all. Thank you for telling it like it is….with heart & soul.
From a new mother of a special needs child.
- God Bless You, and your beautiful son! I would have loved to meet him! You are a truly strong and blessed woman to go through such bitterness and come out with such a loving, supportive heart. Thank you for your words. It is hard being a mom of a special needs child (my daughter has autism) but it is also one of the most wonderfully precious gifts God could ever have given to us! Most life changing events seem so wrong, yet they are the most rewarding. Keep up the great work!
- I really enjoy reading your articles. I have a two year old son with Down Syndrome who is the love of my life. Your articles have helped me understand that there are other people out there who feel what i do at times.
Thank you, Steffany
- READING ALL THE ARTICLES TOUCHED ME VERY MUCH, I HAVE A DAUGHTER WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, CEREBRAL PALSY, AUTISM, MENTAL RETARDATION, EPILEPSY,AND THIS HIT HOME!!!!!
- I watched “The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off” last night on TLC, was thoroughly touched. I thankfully have a healthy daughter, but found myself putting our feet in your shoes, and just needed more information about this terrible disease. You are an inspiration to all mothers out there (with or without special needs), and I commend you. God bless you and your adorable son. I wish you all the best.
Please LIKE the Facebook page (below) to be notified of new articles or book sales and promotions.