There are many resources to assist with various things needed by EB families or other families in need. Here’s a list of some we’ve found, please let us know if there are others we might have missed by entering the link or links in the Facebook plug-in below this post! Some of these links are simply link of interest.
- Medicare list of contacts
- Children’s Defense Fund – The Children’s Defense Fund Leave No Child Behind® mission is to ensure every child a Healthy Start, a Head Start, a Fair Start, a Safe Start and a Moral Start in life and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities.
- Coalition of Advancement of Medical Research – The Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research (CAMR) is the nation’s leading bipartisan pro-cures coalition. Comprised of 100 nationally recognized patient organizations, universities, scientific societies, and foundations, CAMR’s advocacy and education outreach focuses on research toward developing better treatments and cures for individuals with life-threatening illnesses and disorders.
- Insure Kids Now! – Your child or teen may qualify for no-cost or low-cost health insurance coverage through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Many parents may also be eligible.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – CMS Provides Health Coverage for 100 Million People through Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. And with health insurance reforms and health care exchanges, we are improving health care and ensuring coverage for all Americans.
- Habitat For Humanity – Habitat’s vision: a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- WAP: Weatherization Assistance Program – The U.S. Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) reduces heating and cooling costs for low-income families, particularly for the elderly, people with disabilities, and children, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes while ensuring their health and safety.
- Pro Bono & Public Service
- Help from Disability.gov
- State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs – Includes seniors, disabled, uninsured and others.
- Patient/Drug Assistance Programs:
Partnership for Prescription Assistance – www.pparx.org
RxAssist: Accessing Pharmaceutical Patient Assistance Programs – www.rxassist.org
RxHope: The Heart of the Pharmaceutical Industry – www.rxhope.com
Free Medicine – http://freemedicine.com/
TogetherRX – http://www.togetherrxaccess.com
- The National Financial Resources Guidebook for Patients: A State by State Directory of information for patients seeking financial relief for a broad range of needs including housing, utilities, food, transportation to medical treatment, and children’s resources.
- Receive Help for Food, Bills, Clothing etc… http://modestneeds.org/
- Your local Salvation Army http://www.salvationarmy.org
- American Public Human Services Association – Internet site that list social service agencies by state
- Feeding Children Better – Do you find yourself having to choose between rent and food? Not eligible for food stamps? This site lists food banks throughout the USA if you click on the “get help” button.
- Giving Board – Whether you are in need yourself or wanting to help others, this is the place to be! Giving isn’t limited to monetary help. Words of encouragement, prayers and the ability to give others hope are equally important. We invite you to become part of our “family”, whether it is as a lurker or by chatting and letting us get to know you better.
- Feeding America – This website will give a listing of food banks in your state. It is very helpful, even if your income is too high for federal food help the local food banks will help.
- Administration for Children and Families – The Administration for Children & Families (ACF) is a division of the Department of Health & Human Services. ACF promotes the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals and communities.
- Newborns in Need Inc. – Help with baby clothes and other items.
- Telephone bill assistance info – Provides helpful information for US citizens about applying for grants for lowering your phone bill. Must be low income.
- Women Children Family Service Charities of America – WCFS is a coalition comprised of many of America’s finest charitable organizations dedicated to meeting the needs of women, children, and families in America and around the world. Our members provide real solutions to real problems, and act as a force for change with law and policy makers.
- Angel Tree – Helps Families at Christmas who may have a spouse in Prison